The Academy Providence
is an educational and instructional institution. For the well-being of all, for proper organization and smooth running of the school life, students, parents, teachers and non-teaching staff have to follow some important rules:
- The Providence Academy is part of the mission of the Gospel and inspired by the teaching of the Catholic Church in the educational activities. It works for the benefit of all and welcomes students of any religion and culture.
- Providence Academy is a place where responsibility, respect, civility and academic excellence is being advocated in an atmosphere conducive to learning and teaching.
- Parents are required to hold great importance to the Code of Conduct of Providence Academy. They have a duty to support the efforts of teachers (s) and follow up with their children.
- The teachers should be considered the education of their students as their first duty. They will seek to develop in every student a sincere appreciation and strive for excellence. (Plus)
Code of conduct
Providence Academy is a part of the church mission and is inspired by the teachings of the Catholic Church in the exercise of its activities. The Academy accepts students of all religious faith and culture and is in place to help everyone equally:
- It is an obligation to show respect for the religious spirit of the Academy and to participate actively to all religious ceremonies and catechism classes.
- The school does not accept immoral behaviors nor any lack of respect or politeness.
- The students will impose upon themselves self-discipline worthy of their family and of their school.
- All failure to comply with discipline and moral shall be sanctioned.
Providence Academy is a place where responsibility, respect, civility and academic excellence flourish to promote a climate conducive to learning and teaching:
- Wearing the school uniform create a better learning environment, therefore it is strictly mandatory for all the students of all classes.
- Chewing gum is forbidden in the school.
- It is forbidden to bring to school any personal objects such as mobile telephone, radio,mp4, IPhone, IPod, if not recommended for a specific course.
- Wearing a head gear is not permitted at any time for girls and boys. Tinted hair, gel and eccentric hairdos will not be tolerated.
- Self-control should be exercised at all times during the class as well as being attentive and respectful.
- To speak or to ask a question, one must talk in a moderate tone of voice and talk in a comprehensive manner
- You should not disturb other students by talking unnecessarily, by making noise and by borrowing personal belonging from others.
- Your full kit is expected at all times together with your books and copybooks or binders.
- You must stay at your place; avoid walking around without a strict motive.
- You are not to drink nor eat in class. In extreme case, you must ask the teacher.
- If you are in need of help in comprehending something, you must ask the teacher. He or she will always be available to help you, to support you and to put his or her trust in you.
- You must abstain from accumulating tardiness in your work by being vigilant in your daily work, preparation or studies.
- Students will keep the school clean and use the material and school equipment properly.
- Insults, lack of respect against the peers and all types of offensive actions is an obstacle to the blossoming of one’s personality.
- Students must show signs of good judgment when dealing with a conflict so that a pacific solution can be found.
- The Academy will not tolerate violence or physical aggression when dealing with a resolution of conflict.
Parents are required to hold great importance to the Code of Conduct of Providence Academy. They have the duty to reinforce the efforts of the teachers in helping the children to abide by it:
- Parents are invited to read the Code of Conduct of the Providence Academy, to look through the document so that it can be well applied throughout the school year.
- Any question concerning this document should be addressed to the concerned personnel or the school Director
- They read the agenda of their children daily and sign the observations of the teacher.
- They sign all controls, all planning of studies and return them on schedule.
- They monitor the attendance and the tardiness of their children and notify the Academy promptly when absent or late.
- They familiarize themselves with the rules and activities within the school.
- They help the children to respect the dress code of the Academy.
- They often communicate with the school and take an active interest for the work and the success of their children.
- Authorization from the Direction of Providence Academy is required to leave school before the time of departure.
- Parents must notify the Academy the same day of any absence or delay of their children. The students will be admitted to class with a written justification from their parents.
Teachers should consider, as their primary duty, the education of their students. They thrive to develop, for each and everyone, a sincere appreciation of the Standard of excellence:
- Teachers respect the religion of their students.
- They are fair and unbiased in their relations with all of their students.
- Their main objective is the well-being of the students of which they are responsible
- They strive to develop a national pride among students by teaching them to be proud of their language and culture and to respect the rights of other ethnic groups.
- They inspire in them a sincere appreciation of the principles of democracy and liberty.
- They refuse to divulge, unless duty commands, any confidential information pertaining to a student.
- They give information, to the parents, concerning the conduct, the success and the aptitudes of the students.
- They respect the confidences received and make use discretion in all circumstances.
- They must intervene in order to resolve amicably, with respect and civility conflicts that may arise among students.